Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Turkey Meatballs

Meatballs are really fun to make. I love adding ingredients together and coming up with a round ball of deliciousness.  I have made many different meatballs, changing what I add and how I cook them.  This is the latest version of meatballs.  This recipe was created with what I have on hand.  Have you noticed my pattern yet?  Yes my recipes are based on the ingredients I have, sometimes I prepare in advance and have certain ingredients, but these almost 14 years of marriage have been a lesson in using what I have and making do. 

 Look familiar?  Last post was about the spaghetti, now we get to make the meatballs.

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 1 lb. ground turkey, 6 cloves garlic, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,
1 small yellow onion, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (Basil, oregano,
parsley), 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.

 Grate the Parmesan cheese into bowl. This is my grater, isn't it great?

 Dice the onion small.  Using a garlic press press all the garlic cloves.

 Saute onions in 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, when starting to become translucent, add the garlic
and saute for a minute.

 Add all the ingredients together.

 Gently mix together with hands.   Over mixing meatballs mixture will create tougher meatballs.

 Heat up 1/2 inch of Olive Oil in a large 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat.  When you see
 ripples in the oil, test with a droplet of water.  If the water sizzles, add the meatballs.  Form meat
into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in skillet. 

 Cook on first side until brown.

Using tongs flip the meatballs over.

Remove from oil when finished browning and add to a skillet with your favorite marinara
 sauce.  I recommend my homemade sauce, recipe can be found here.  Cook meatballs in sauce
for at least 10 minutes with lid on.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These meatballs were delicious! Hubby like them too : )

    ReplyDelete