Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Apple Multigrain Muffins

I feel like the muffin girl this week.  I made more muffins today.   Since we had apples, that is what I used.  My children like muffins, and truthfully three of my four children prefer their apples by themselves.  My friends Bridget and Whitney came to help me make more muffins too.  Three pairs of hands really does make the process more fun, as long as we aren't trying to be in each other's spaces at the same time.

 This muffin isn't very pretty, but it tasted really yummy.

Preheat oven to 375 Farenheit

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
(brown sugar also works) divided, 1 large egg, 1 cup buttermilk (I used homemade, recipe found
  here), 2 cups Wonder Flour (description of wonder flour here, or use half whole wheat flour and
all purpose flour), 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt,
1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 3 large apples (any apple you like to eat).  I doubled the recipe when
I made it, hence the double ingredients.

 Add sugars (1/2 the turbinado sugar), butter, baking soda, salt and baking powder together in
mixing bowl and beat with whisk attachment until...
 Fluffy has been achieved.

 Peel...

 Core, and dice the apples.

 Add eggs and whisk until combined.  Remove bowl from mixer and using a spatula stir in
buttermilk, and finally add flour, cinnamon...
 Let the batter get to know the apples and let them join in holy muffindom.

 The batter is ready to be baked.

 If you are smarter than I was while making these muffins, you will not try to make these without muffin papers, DON'T DO IT.  I warn you in advance, these muffins are very soft and delicious
and don't have an ounce of backbone to them and will fall apart without that muffin paper.

 Sprinkle the other half of the turbinado sugar on the muffins.

Bake muffins in oven for 25-30 minutes, check doneness with toothpick.

 I overfilled my muffin pans.   Don't make that mistake either. 


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, these were delicious! I love how much apple there is in them : )

    ReplyDelete