Friday, January 3, 2014

French Toast


I learned that French Toast could be amazing, verging on bread pudding amazing.  To make amazing French toast, you will need some good bread, (I used my not your average white bread from yesterday), half and half, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Yes you can make French Toast with these ingredients, and it is yummy.

Do you like French toast?

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 4 egg yolks, loaf of bread, 2 cups half and half, 1 tablespoon sugar
(I used Turbinado), and 2 teaspoons Vanilla.

 Mix the ingredients together.

 I put my sliced bread in two sheet pans and poured the milk mixture on them and turned the bread
over after a couple of minutes.  I let the bread soak up the milk mixture for five minutes.

 Place bread on a rack placed in sheet pan and allow them to drain for another five minutes.

 Preheat griddle to medium low.

 Brush griddle with your choice of grease or spray with oil.  Cook French Toast until 
golden brown and flip and repeat.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment