Monday, January 13, 2014

30 Minute Dinner Rolls

I needed to make bread for dinner tonight really fast.  While searching the internet I found the recipe to use here.  I followed the recipe mostly, with only a slight change of oil.  The rolls smelled divine and my children were very happy to come to the dinner table tonight.  When I get my WonderMill back next week, this will be a recipe I'll be testing with spelt.

Preheat oven to 400 Farenheit
 Look at those.   Can you smell the yeast yummy goodness?

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 1 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water (warmed up in microwave
for 30 seconds), 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons active dry yeast, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt,
1 egg, and 3 1/2 cups flour (420 grams).

 Add water, sugar, yeast, and oil to mixing bowl.  Mix until combined.   Rest for 15 minutes.

 Add flour and salt.   Mix until combined.

 Place parchment paper in cookie sheet, use a Silpat or spray with cooking spray.  Form dough
into 12 balls (my advice make them smaller than mine and use flour), I wore gloves and rubbed
olive oil on my hands.  Allow to rise for 10-15 minutes.


Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.   I brushed mine with olive oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment