Monday, January 27, 2014

Stephanie's Kitchen Drawer: Belgian Waffle Iron


I have had this waffle iron twice now.  The first one was sold when we were getting ready to move to Queens.  It is a single Waring Pro Belgian Waffle Iron.  I bought it at Costco both in California and here in Queens for $39 I think.  It is a wonderful waffle iron.  The first time I used it several years ago, I sprayed it with cooking spray before cooking the waffles, the second time I cooked the waffles without cooking spray and realized the waffles had a more even browning and looked better.  The batter doesn't stick and I clean the waffle iron by wiping it with a damp cloth.  Before I moved to Queens, I could buy the Waring Double Waffle Iron you see below for $69 at Sam's Club.  I didn't buy the double waffle iron since we were moving and I thought I could buy it after we got to Queens.  When I moved here to Queens, I learned that Sam's Club no longer sold the double waffle iron, insert unhappy face here.  Oh well, you can find it at Amazon here and it has 4 1/2 out of 5 stars rating, with over 400 reviews.  We have really enjoyed this waffle iron and truthfully, Belgian Waffles taste the best, you can use the recipe I shared here.




2 comments:

  1. That double one is so cool! I've never seen that before. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got a Belgian waffle iron for Christmas. I love it!! So much better than a regular waffle iron. I'm thinking of making dessert waffles with brownie batter or cake batter.

    ReplyDelete