Friday, January 10, 2014

Stephanie's Kitchen Drawer: Food Dehydrator

My mom had a dehydrator with pull out shelves and a clear front.   I thought it was pretty cool, the fruit leather she made in it.  A few months ago I looked into getting a food dehydrator since my children like dried food and I wanted to make my own.  I researched through forums and read different opinions and the food dehydrator pictured above was mentioned as a good choice for the home.   It worked better than another more expensive brand.  You can see more information about the dehydrator I have here and that is also where I purchased it.  This dehydrator can be expanded.  You can buy more layers.  It is compact for the small space I have, and it is easy to use.

I have made apple fruit leather, dried cranberries, pineapple, and dehydrated rice so far.  I'm hoping to make some jerky soon, I just need to buy some meat first.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a school teacher & reading a primary school in Florida. Last few minutes reading your blog post and understand that I have to need a blender to save my time to cook and making juice for my kids. So I think I buy a chopper for blend fruits juice. I was searching post about best food dehydrator but I didn't find in your blog. My request to you please mention me a post about the best and cheap blender. I hope you will do it for me.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete