Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stephanie's Food For Thought: Wonder Flour




Chef Brad (You remember me talking about him right?) has created a wonderful blend of freshly milled flours that he has nicknamed Wonder Flour.  Wonder Flour is composed of equal parts brown rice, pearled barley, and spelt.  I have discussed the brown rice I used in a previous post found here and another previous post about spelt found here.  I bought the above pictured Barley from Amazon here. Chef Brad talks about his Wonder Flour here.  It is a wonderful blend of grains you could grind yourself or buy as flour.  It can be a whole grain substitute for all purpose flour in cookies, cakes, and muffins.  In the muffins I made today with this blend, I enjoyed the taste and it was not heavy like whole wheat can be.  I highly recommend this blend of flours.

1 comment:

  1. I made my favorite chocolate chip cookies with wonder flour and I love the nutty flavor, plus they are still light and chewy!

    ReplyDelete