Monday, January 6, 2014

Linguini and Cheddar Sauce

When I was pregnant with my oldest child (my daughter), I ate a lot of the blue boxed macaroni and cheese.  To this day my daughter's favorite food is macaroni and cheese.  Maybe those two facts aren't related, but I'm skeptical that they aren't.  Anyway, today I made the closest version of macaroni and cheese that I could make.  I do not have a pasta extruder, so I made linguini instead and a cheese sauce to go with it.  Truthfully I don't like macaroni and cheese very much any more.   This linguini and cheddar sauce was very good.  You won't be disappointed if you make this.   This is comfort food.

My version of macaroni and cheese without the blue box.

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter,
1/2 lb. pasta (I used homemade linguini), 2 large eggs, 12 ounce evaporated milk,
and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

 Cook pasta al dente (to the tooth, or just under fully cooked) in liberally salted water.  Since
I used homemade pasta, I cooked this pasta for 20 seconds to achieve al dente.  Drain
pasta and put back in pot, toss with melted butter. 

 Add one cup of evaporated milk with eggs and salt to pasta. Turn burner to low,
add 3/4 of the cheese and gently stir.

 After the cheese is incorporated, begin slowly adding the rest of the milk and cheese.
This process should take 5 minutes.  Serve immediatly.

So yummy, and my daughter said it was the best yet.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment