Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pear Ginger Honey Popovers

Yes the popovers I made were not your average popovers, and the post title is a mouth full.  This morning I had to make breakfast for my children.  They love popovers.  Popovers are very easy to make and fast too.  I learned about popovers a few years ago while watching a cooking show and have fallen in love with them.   So have my children.  Yesterday morning I created a popover with fruit to take to a women's social for church.  This morning I made them again so I could share the recipe.  

 Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.

 Fruity popover goodness.

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 1 cup all purpose flour, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 cup milk
(warmed in microwave for 30 seconds), 1 large pear, 1 inch piece of ginger,
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon butter.

 Blend eggs until light yellow, either in a blender or with an immersion blender. 

 Add milk, salt, and flour and blend till smooth.


 Peel the pear and finely dice it.  Peel  the ginger or scrape outside of ginger with spoon.
Grate the ginger either with a Microplane, ginger grater, or finely dice.

Saute pear, ginger, 1 tablespoon honey, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a small saute pan 
until pear is slightly soft.

Fill a 1 1/2 ounce ladle with batter and pour into a standard muffin pan. I doubled the recipe.  Expect to use one 12 cup muffin pan.  Put one tablespoon of pears in each muffin cup.  Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes, when they are golden brown.  Remove from oven and pop out of the pan.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These were delicious, even the next day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete