Saturday, February 1, 2014

Banana Walnut Multigrain Muffins

This week when I bought all that wonderful $1 produce. I bought a bag of bananas too.  Those banana's were just begging me to make them into muffins.  I know what you're thinking. My goodness, this woman is obsessed with muffins.   What is her problem?  Good news, this will be my last muffin recipe for a while.  The muffin girl is retiring her quest to make all sorts of muffins.   I'll make them, just not new recipes to share with you.  I have found my four go to muffin recipes as of today!  Go forth today knowing I have given you a sure foundation of muffins to create your own muffindom, and you didn't have to go to Drury Lane!

 THIS is the culmination of muffindom!

Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit

 Ingredients for this recipe are: 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (brown sugar
would also work), 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,  1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
(approximately 3 medium-large bananas), 1/4 cup Agave Syrup (honey would also work), 2 large
eggs, 2 cups Wonderflour (whole wheat would also work, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.

 Cream butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda in a mixer with a whisk.

 Creamed mixture.

 Add bananas, and agave, beat till smooth.

 Add eggs and beat till smooth.

 this batter is looking smooth.

 Add walnuts, and flour and stir with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon.

 This batter is ready for baking.

Make sure you use muffin liners!  This recipe makes 12 muffins, I doubled it for my family.

Place filled muffin pans in oven and bake for 23-28 minutes, check if they are done with a toothpick.

 They are done!

This is a wonderful end to my muffin week.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These were so delicious - perfectly moist, perfectly spiced, plenty of banana flavor. I personally would add more walnuts, but I'm a walnut lover. I would also brush the top with butter right after pulling out of the oven (for a moister top).

    ReplyDelete