Monday, February 3, 2014

Turkey Enchiladas

This is the culmination of my day, the meal where my previous recipes come together to make enchiladas. Okay, well not the chocolate syrup (I promise).  I really like enchiladas.  My sister Adrienne makes very yummy enchilada casserole, but I wasn't planning on a casserole.  My plan was the rolled up version with my own spin.  In my refrigerator I had some ground turkey thawed and needing to be put into something. 

 Oh my goodness was this delicious.

Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit


 Ingredients for this recipe are: Enchilada Sauce (I used homemade, recipe is here), Grated
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 10 Tortillas (I used homemade corn/flour, recipe found here), Paprika,
Salt, Pepper, 4 cloves Garlic, 1 green pepper, 1 yellow onion, and 2 lbs. Ground Turkey.

 Dice onion, bell pepper, and press garlic. 

 Saute turkey, bell pepper, onion, and garlic together over medium flame.

 Sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika according to your preference.

 Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and stir.
 This is ready to join with the tortillas.

 Add just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the baking dish.  Use a 9x13 pan if you have one.

  Add 1/3 cup meat to tortilla, a sprinkle of cheese, and roll. 
I made mine with the side tucked in so they would fit in my small pan.  If you have a bigger
pan,  I'm sure you won't need to do this.  Place enchiladas in pan.

 Cover with sauce and cheese.  Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and
 slightly brown.

 They have emerged, joined together as enchiladas.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment