Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tropical Fruit Salad

My husbands favorite foods are pizza, and fruit salad.  He really enjoys fruit salad.  My fruit salad is very simple but it has two ingredients that my sister Jenifer taught me will turn a typical fruit salad into a spectacular fruit salad.  This fruit salad is for my husband, but also in homage to my sister Jenifer.

 I didn't have a lot of different fruit to add, especially since my children do not like bananas in
their fruit salad.  It was still as delicious as it is pretty.

 Ingredients for this recipe are: Pineapple, 7 Kiwis, Lime, and 1/4 cup honey.  I wanted to use
three mangoes (which are in the picture) but they were brown and gross.  If you can add mango
please do, and know that I am jealous you had mango in your salad.

Peel the kiwis and pineapple, remove the fibrous middle of both and cut into bite size pieces.
Drizzle honey, and squeeze lime juice onto salad and stir.  Serve with baked salmon as I did
(next post will be about baked salmon just so you know), or your favorite meal.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment