Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baked Salmon

As part of our new dinner schedule, we have been enjoying a different red meat/seafood/white meat each day of the week.  Today's dinner menu called for salmon.  With the help of my good friend Angela, I was able to stock up at Costco for our winter storm coming tomorrow and buy salmon for tonight's dinner.  I have been truly blessed with really supportive friends who have helped me by chauffeuring me around for grocery shopping and other errands.  In no way was I going to be able to buy as much as I did and be able to come home on the bus.  It was a challenge to fit my normal stocking up pile in her small SUV, versus my usual large minivan storage.  Tonight's baked salmon is simple.   You are going to love the taste and how easy it was to make.

 Look at that wonderful meal, and yes it was delicious.  Stay tuned for the next post about the
sweet potato fries.

 Ingredients for this recipe are: Salmon (I bought Costco size since I have a big family), Salt, Pepper, Olive oil, and Lemon.

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit

 Oil the skin side of the salmon and place on broiler pan or cookie sheet.  Sprinkle lots of salt and
some pepper on the meat side.  Squeeze the lemon juice on all the filets.  Place salmon in oven
and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Isn't it pretty?   This was the first meal our Chinese teenager did not salt his food!  It was a
 food miracle.   He also told us that he likes eating the skin too.

Enjoy!

1 comment: