Sunday, December 22, 2013

Stephanie's Food For Thought: Raw Honey


I have a son and daughter who love honey, again my mind said how can I make a change to our honey?  I wanted my children to have the healthiest version of foods they love.  I looked into raw honey and this is what I found, Dr. Oz on his site says "Many naturopaths and nutrition experts (myself included) suggest choosing raw honey for optimal health and beauty benefits. Raw honey is never strained, filtered or heated. Research suggests it’s loaded with many trace minerals, organic enzymes, antioxidants, plus antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that make it a powerful package of health. Its rich origins mean that it’s loaded with more interesting taste and flavor."  You can find what he wrote here.  Keep in mind raw honey should not be given to children under one year old. 

Caution: The American Academy of Pediatrics advises that children age 1 and under should not be given honey whatsoever, as it can potentially carry spores of the toxin Clostridium botulinum, raising the risk of infantile botulism.

I buy my raw honey in bulk, the picture above is the raw honey I buy from hereIs it cheaper, no but we don't use it all that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment