Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kettle Corn

My son asked for Kettle Corn a couple of weeks ago and I found a recipe and used the basics but changed it to my liking.  Today he asked for Kettle Corn again, so I obliged him, because I like it too.  My Kettle Corn ingredients include unpopped popcorn, sugar, coconut oil, and salt.  I gathered up my ingredients and my son volunteered to help.

Is your popcorn boring?
Ingredients for this recipe are: 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 1/3 cup sugar (I used turbinado sugar),
1/2 cup popcorn, salt to taste.
 I put the coconut oil, and Turbinado sugar in a tall stock pot and stir until melted.
 Add popcorn, stir and even out on the bottom, cover.  Shake pot on burner when you hear popping then cook until the kernels have all popped. 
 Put the finished Kettle Corn in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. The coconut oil does add a lovely taste, and the sugar is what makes it Kettle Corn.  This is a wonderful movie snack, a must for any movie night. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment