Thursday, March 13, 2014

Stuffed Cubanero Peppers

On Monday night I made roast beef for a crowd, sadly the crowd didn't show up, so I had leftovers. Tonight my son's Pack Meeting was meeting, and I needed to contribute to the potluck because if I didn't I would feel really guilty.  My husband is the Den Leader for my son's Wolf Den.  It is a family affair when we show up for Pack Night.  While out grocery shopping this morning, I came upon a bag of Cubanero Peppers and decided why not stuff them with my left over roast beef?  They look a little like Poblano Peppers.  This recipe is for the boys and men of Pack 90 here in Queens and it is a great way to use left over roast beef if you happen to have any left over from your Sunday Pot Roast dinner.

 I love the complimentary colors, red and green.

Ingredients for this Recipe Are:

3 lbs. Roast Beef (I used leftovers)
2 cups Enchilada Sauce (I used homemade, recipe found here)
8 Cubanero Peppers
2 Roasted Red Peppers
2 Tablespoons Better Than Boullion Beef Flavor (not pictured)
1 1/2 cups Water


 Dice roast beef into 1/2 inch cubes.

 Dice roasted red peppers.

Preheat 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium/high flame.

 Put beef, roasted red pepper, enchilada sauce, water, Better Than Boullion and cook until liquid boils.

 Cut stem side ends off of Cubanero Peppers and remove seeds and white veins inside.


Spoon as much meat mixture into peppers as will fit.

Place stuffed peppers on remaining meat and sauce.

Cover skillet with lid and cook for 5 minutes or until peppers soften.

Enjoy!

Stuffed Cubanero Peppers
Printable RecipeFound Here

3 lbs. Roast Beef (leftover)
2 cups Enchilada Sauce
8 Cubanero Peppers
2 Roasted Red Peppers
2 Tablespoons Better Than Boullion Beef Flavor
1 1/2 cups Water

Dice roast beef into 1/2 inch cubes.

Dice roasted red peppers.

Preheat 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium/high flame.

Put beef, roasted red pepper, enchilada sauce, water, Better Than Boullipn and cook until liquid boils.

Cut stem side ends off of Cubanero Peppers and remove seeds and white veins inside.

Spoon as much meat mixture into peppers as will fit.

Place stuffed peppers on remaining meat and sauce.

Cover skillet with lid and cook for 5 minutes or until peppers soften.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks amazing. The roast itself was amazing too! We used our leftovers in empanadas : ) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete