Tuesday, September 16, 2014

French Fry Sauce

I wanted to use my homemade sour cream for the french fries we were having.  Well, that is when I scoured the internet for a fry sauce.  My fry sauce is similar to what I found, but different.  I don't use recipes as they are written by someone else.  I put what I thought would taste good in the sauce and thankfully it worked.  All those years of tinkering in the kitchen have helped me understand flavors and what goes well together.  It helps if you understand what flavor different ingredients will impart in a recipe.  This sauce was so good that I wanted to keep eating french fries, even though I was full. When I put this sauce on our dining room table, my husband was first upset that I didn't put ketchup. When he tried the sauce, he changed his mind.  This recipe wasn't on my mind to be posted here. After I made it, and loved it, I went back and took a photo of the ingredients.  You don't get to see the middle of the process before the ingredients were mixed.  

This is the best sauce  for dipping french fries.   It puts ketchup to shame.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Sour Cream (I used homemade, recipe found here)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
4 tablespoons Cholula Lime Hot Sauce (Yes it must be this hot sauce)
2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce


Mix the ingredients together.  Place in a lidded container.  Refrigerate for an hour before
serving, so the flavors can come together.

Put some of this sauce next to your french fries and allow them to meet.  You will
 not be disappointed at how they taste together.

Enjoy!

French Fry Sauce
Printable Recipe found Here

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Sour Cream (I used homemade, recipe found here)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
4 tablespoons Cholula Lime Hot Sauce (Yes it must be this hot sauce)
2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

Process:

Mix the ingredients together.  Place in a lidded container.  Refrigerate for an hour before serving so the flavors can come together.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that this was so good that you had to go back and post it here! I love fry sauce. I'm glad hubby decided this would substitute for ketchup too : ) You are so good at knowing what flavors will work well together and how to adjust things to get the flavor you want. Great job!

    ReplyDelete